Pumpkin Puddin' Pie Casserole!
- 3 cup pumpkin, unsweetened & pre-cooked (purchase a fresh, local pumpkin in Produce or 3 cans unsweetened pumpkin from the Grocery Department)
- 1/3 cup butter + 2 tbs. for topping
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (can substitute for 1/2 & 1/2 or light cream)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar + 1//4 cup for topping
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix well the cooked pumpkin, 1/3 cup butter, cream, eggs, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Make topping in a separate bowl: Mix together until crumbly the 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, chopped walnuts, maple syrup, and honey.
- Pour your mix into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish or into a 9-inch pie crust. Spread the nut topping over the top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350º F. for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.