How does it work? First, become a shareholder.
You can join online here, in the store at the Customer Service desk, or, if either of those is a hardship, you can join over the phone by calling Shareholder Services at 802-246-2821.
- Each share of the BFC costs $80. Food For All shareholders typically make $5 payments every three months for 36 months until the full $80 is paid off, but if that is a hardship for you, it’s easy to apply for and receive a Shareholder Assistance Grant, which covers $60 of the full cost. We’d love to help you receive one of these grants. Just follow this link to the Shareholder Assistance Fund page, or stop by the Customer Service desk.
- As soon as you sign up with your first payment,** the 10% discount will be applied to your purchases.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
Qualifying benefits include EBT, WIC, 3Squares Vermont, Supplemental Social Security Income, or a referral letter from a local community partner organization, such as a food pantry, homeless shelter, or other social service agency.
- If you don’t fit into these categories but shopping at our Co-op is unaffordable, please talk to us. We are happy to work with you to figure out if you’re a candidate for this program.
- Contact Shareholder Services if you have questions about eligibility. Just ask for Shareholder Services at the Customer Service desk, call 802-246-2821, or email [email protected].
Can you tell me more about getting an additional 5% discount by volunteering?
Shareholders who do two hours of volunteering per month receive an additional 5% discount. As of October, 2023, Food For All shareholders can combine the 5% Working Discount with the 10% Food For All discount for a total 15% off.*
- Volunteer hours can be performed in-store, at our Community Partner organizations, or at one of our TeamWork Opportunity events.
- For information about volunteering at our Community Partner organizations, learn more about the Commitment to Community Program at this link
- To sign up to work in one of our store departments, click here. To learn more about working in the store, contact Shareholder Services at [email protected] or 802-246-2821.
- TeamWork Opportunity events (TWO) happen approximately once a month. Find out more by contacting Shareholder Services at [email protected] or 802-246-2821.
At the Brattleboro Food Co-op, we believe that everyone should have access to good, nutritious food for themselves and their families.
We offer this program in collaboration with our friends at Hunger Free Vermont and Neighboring Food Co-op Association.
*Discount excludes alcohol.
**Please allow up to 72 hours before online shares are processed.