Here are three recipes for hand sanitizers!
All three recipes are simple and can be made cheaply with a minimum of fuss.
Please note that the medical establishment recommends a solution that is 60% isopropyl alcohol if you are making a sanitizer for COVID-19.
Only option number one (Sanitizer #1) meets that threshold.
• 2/3 cup isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol-preferably 91% strength or as close to that as you can get
• 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
• 8-15 drops essential oil (a list of recommendations)
This is the only sanitizer, of the three presented, which meets the medical
establishment’s standard of 60% alcohol.
• 2 tablespoons witch hazel with aloe
• 5 drops Vitamin E oil
• 15 drops essential oil (a list of recommendations)
• Distilled water as needed for dilution
• 3 tablespoons aloe vera gel
• 2 tablespoons witch hazel … OR… 1 tablespoon isopropyl alcohol
• ½ teaspoon Vitamin E oil
• 16 drops Tea Tree essential oil
• 8 drops essential oil (a list of recommendations)
ANTIMICROBIAL ESSENTIAL OILS
1.) Tea Tree
3.) Red Thyme
This list is compiled from many sources.
Not all of the oils were on every list.
We have listed the oils roughly in order of agreement by the lists we looked at, and factored in availability and what we know here at BFC.
– Carla and Cheri /Wellness Department