Goat Cheese Berry Dessert
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 lb raspberries & blueberries (mixed) – Strawberries work well also!
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lb goat cheese, chilled
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium/large skillet, add the sugar and water. Place on burner set to medium-high heat. Stir the granulated sugar and water until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the mixed berries and lemon juice to the skillet and cook for a couple minutes, stirring, until the berries begin to release juice.
- Drain the berries and set aside. Return the syrup to the skillet and cook the syrup down over medium heat till it is about half of its original volume. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once syrup has cooled slightly, fold it into the berries and refidgerate for about 20 minutes (until cooled completely).
- Once berry mix is in the refrigerator, add goat cheese, heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla together in a food processor and puree the ingredients.
- Place cheese mixture into a covered dish/bowl and refigerate until ready to serve (best at least 45 minutes to an hour).
- Serve berries in dessert bowls with dollops of the goat cheese mix on top.
Like it richer? You can also serve about 1/4 cup of the cheese mix in a bowl with a spoonful of berries on top.
Either way it is delish!