A fine addition to any burger repertoire—a tasty combination of beef, Andouille sausage, black beans and barbecue sauce!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Andouille sausage (remove casings if purchased as links)
- 7 1/2 ounces (or 1/2 of a 15-ounce can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces (or 1/2 of a 4-ounce can) mild green chilies, diced
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Salt to taste
In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the black beans with the back of a spoon or potato masher.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Make 4-6 patties and pan fry 4-6 minutes per side in a large skillet over medium heat (lightly oiled or sprayed), or cook on a grill until internal temperature reaches 170°F.