Simple Vegetable Curry
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 large red jalapeño, slivered
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Combine the coconut milk with the curry powder and salt in a large saute pan, and stir to mix
Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil and add the jalapeno, onion green beans and cauliflower. Stir, then cover the pan and return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
Uncover and test the vegetables for doneness; they should be very tender when pierced with a paring knife.
Stir in the lemon juice and taste for salt. If desired, simmer longer to thicken sauce.
Serve finished curry with rice for a satisfying meal.
Don't like spicy food? Substitute red bell pepper for the red jalapeno.